PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 2
Thread: Ryanair - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 22:48
Charlie Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Einhoven base

RAT 5

Ryanair wish to base 2 aircraft at Eindhoven, and add 11 destinations from there. However they will not base any aircraft there until they can be assured that they will not be impeded by the current noise deal with the locals, and not until the Ministry of Traffic has changed the law about sound restrictions at Eindhoven airport. (This is happening...) I don't know too much about all the legal/noise stuff, but I've heard it should be all sorted out soon. "Soon" as definied in politics I suppose... Looking at aircraft orders etc and hearing some hotter rumours on other potential bases we might have to wait until 2008 for an Eindhoven base. It will happen though

http://www.brabant.nl/layouts/SISHtm...45&doctype=doc
"Het merendeel van de GLOBE-partijen staat achter de groeiplannen van Eindhoven Airport. Een aantal partijen zijn op zich niet tegen een beperkte groei van de burgerluchtvaart op Eindhoven Airport, maar willen dit afhankelijk stellen van een inkrimping van de militaire oefenactiviteiten met jachtvliegtuigen op het vliegveld.
De groeiplannen betekenen concreet dat Ryanair begin volgend jaar op Eindhoven 2 vliegtuigen en op termijn nog eens 2 vliegtuigen permanent op Eindhoven Airport wil stationeren. Daarmee kan het aantal bestemmingen binnen Europa groeien van 5 naar 16 bestemmingen."

Quick translation ( you may also use http://babelfish.altavista.com ): "Most of the GLOBE-parties support the Eindhoven growth plans. Some are not against a limited growth in civilian aircraft movements at the airport, but wish that this should depend on the increase in military exercises using fighter jets at the airport. Ryanair have concrete plans to base 2 aircraft at Eindhoven next year (2006), expecting to increase their amount of destinations offered from 5 to 16."

Meanwhile Transavia will be basing an aircraft at Eindhoven from November and introducing routes to Faro, Malaga and Alicante. All the more encouragement for Ryanair to speed up their Eindhoven base plans

Last edited by Charlie Roy; 31st Jul 2006 at 12:17.