PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick: Controllers' bomb flights unease
Old 30th Jul 2006, 20:37
rab-k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ayr..ATCer.

My unease manifested itself in my being distracted, albeit for a short period, by a feeling of anxiety about the end use of the bombs being carried by the aircraft I was controlling, whose cargo had just been brought to my attention.

Not being a head-shrink and therefore being unable to categorise the experience in a medical sense, I maintain that what I experienced for a short time was a sense of unease. This feeling reappeared whilst driving past one of these aircraft on the way home and it has remained at the back of my mind ever since.

Sure, such flights go on all the time and I have no problem with the use of such weapons against 'military' targets. However, when I read/hear about incidents like Qana, I can't help but wonder if the bombs used were on those flights.

The word "uneasiness" was presumably used by the journo concerned to describe the feelings of the ATCO/ATSA they themselves talked to. I'd say it is pretty well in the ball-park as to how I feel so chalk me up to not liking the situation and thereby declaring my "uneasiness".

Welcome to PPRuNe by the way .