PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 30th Jul 2006, 19:42
decy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile advice please

hello everyone,part of my post is a little embarrasing,and the rest just general enquiries,ok first off as everyone else on this forum im in love with flying and would love to work for an airline like aer arran or easyjet,but i have a little problem,well i have only one hour logged and the reason for this is when i was 16 i got my first flying lesson and abslouletly loved it,
but around this time last year i decided im gonna go get my pilots licence and got a loan of 5 grand to start ppl training,im 22 now by the way,
anyway my fisrt lesson was goin to be in a grob 115,a nice little plane but i would have prefered a cherokee or a cessna,the second we took off i felt really really sick and just couldnt wait to land,when we got on the ground i left the school in utter disapointment because its my ultimate dream to be a pilot but my stomach couldnt take it and i just wasted my 5 grand so i put the money back in the bank and ill admit it,i cried because i didnt know what to do,and now a year on im still upset about what happend and still dream of being a pilot,but im still afraid it mite happen again,and i want to enjoy flying, not jus think about am i gonna be sick each time,i know i have the ability to fly its just im a bit disheartened,any advice on what i should do would be greatly appreciated,also i know it can be very tough gettin an airline job at the end of it all,is it really worht it??

thanks