PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh No! not another announcement at BA CON
Old 30th Jul 2006, 19:32
rhythm method

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Captain Correlli, to be fair to Brymon, Yes TDLF did arrive from Brymon, but he had already been parachuted in from Mainline to have a little play at being an airline manager! McL was the same.

I am not entirely sure that there was a formal offer from mainline to put RJ pilots on the master seniority. As far as I am aware, it was suggested in passing at a meeting, and was given a very cool reception due to the fact that it automatically would create yet another division within the workforce. In hindsight, perhaps it would have been a foot in the door, but it automatically alienated a large majority of the crews because they were flying turboprops. The irony being that a large proportion of mainline managers had 'cut their teeth' in the Highlands and Islands.

I would VERY seriously advise you to reconsider your stance on BALPA membership as there are currently at least 7 diciplinary hearings in progress. Those without BALPA backing are in real trouble. You have made your point, but you seriously do not want to be without union legal support if the worst were to happen.

I will not say too much on this public forum at the moment, but I have already received a half dozen phonecalls regarding a co-ordinated plan of action as yet to be revealed. We'll soon see how the matter progresses.

If anyone is not currently in the union, it's time to get off the fence, and don't forget the subscriptions are at a reduced rate for the first few years as well.