PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas UK
Thread: Qantas UK
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 17:57
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I'll try to answer all the questions if I can...

You must be able to be at the airport within 90 mins of being called out from standby. So yes, you can commute from another city / country / universe providing you can make the airport in 90 mins when your on standby (most commuters come over to the base for their standby shifts if they live in another country). You get a non-flying line (ie reserve) for 1/2 a roster period (so that's unconfirmed trips for 1 month) usually 1 or 2 times a year.

It's true, 95% the crew are lovely. But like anywhere you do have your mix of tools and work shy drop kicks. They are definately in the minority tho.

The take home pay quoted is after tax. The local allowances are exactly that - locally paid allowances in the local currency. Technically, the local allowances are supposed to provide for your subsistence while you're away and as far as Mr Inland Revenue is concerned you don't bring any home. Read into that what you will

If you've not heard anything for awhile contact AeroPro on the number shown in this thread (08700 927 092) who does the initial screening for Qantas in the UK. It's very competitive and there are a LOT of people on the database, so it does take some time. We don't ordinarily have massive recruitment drives like the other airlines (being a relatively small base) so it can take a little while.

You get a minimum of 18 days off in a roster period (8 weeks), but it's rare to have only the minimum days off - you usually get more than that.

You do one trip a week usually.

There, I think that answers all the questions..... Apart from, yes I'm a boy and yes I'm very good looking, so my mum says (Ok, nobody asked, but its only a matter of time!)