PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick: Controllers' bomb flights unease
Old 30th Jul 2006, 17:39
rab-k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ayrshireATCer
I'm not nor have I heard any declarations of "uneasiness".
Oh really, mr/ms 'joined today post count 1'... Where have you been all this time???

Not to say that makes your views, whoever you may be, any less valid. However, most of the "uneasiness" I have encountered has been expressed in the form of expletives directed at the " Yanks" or " Isrealis" for shipping their bombs through here.

Several of us, although you're apparently not amongst that number, don't feel particularly comfortable about giving a load of ordnance safe, orderly and expeditious handling on its way to perhaps being used to blow some women and kids to bits who just so happened to be in the wrong place, if you can indeed call their own homes the "wrong place", at the wrong time.

But that aside, we do give said ordnance safe, orderly and expeditious handling despite that fact and have to sleep at night in the knowledge of having done so.

Furthermore, if Syria/Iran were shipping katoosha rockets through Prestwick for Hezbo' I'd be hearing a great deal more of " Syrians" and " Iranians".