PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Helicopter Academy
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 15:17
noblades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

northernstar, comment noted on price, how much is charged??? Eastenders has replaced the world cup so i did some digging. To be seen as fair i checked some of our schools too and will reflect cost in a real currency (sterling). I must admit that The Devil is in the detail with some of the schools and I got a bit confused with breaking up training costs. so here goes...(taken from schools websites)

Cabair : R22 £160 + VAT(17.5%) + Instructor £50 + VAT(17.5%) =£246.75/hr (based on instructor being charged only for flight time) + membership + fuel surcharge(both unknown)

Oxford : H269 PPL(H) £11995 based on 45hrs = £266.55/hr ( not sure in this includes VAT or not)

Dragon Helicopters :H269 £260/hr + VAT(17.5%) = £305.50/hr

European Helicopter Academy : H269 Total :£260-£270/hr (based on exchange rates €1 = 65p-69p. Price includes instructor,pre and post flight briefs.

I actually rang thanks to tesco internet phone as their website was down, (I need the premiership to start again soon )

What I did find troubling was the confusion in the hidden extras when trying to cost from the websites but as far as being major rip off?? I'm afraid they're in the same ballpark (even the cheaper end) as our U.K schools.

I must admit, I was hoping to find EHA charging £500/hr but sadly not, So we'll just have to bash Paddy for ripping us of with riverdance for a bit longer.

NB