PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 14:49
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VFR/IFR
Many thanks for the pictures. The Wafu looks remarkably nice. When I was in Nigeria the rooms were okay, but again, many people had food poisoning; though I hear that may now be better with a new catering company having been brought in by CHC.
A change in my personal circumstances means I may well not be able to view Prune for some considerable time, but I hope this thread will keep going as a lot of people it seems have a lot to say about the lousy deal given to them by employers in West Africa.
chc&p, xny,
Some pilots in CHC in various overseas locations have now started a Global Helicopter Pilot's Association. I don't know if enough people will join to get it up and running, because the biggest obstacle to expat pilots getting a good deal is their own apathy. The North Sea and Europe show what can be achieved if enough pilots are willing to give their support to those who are willing to give up their time to try and get them a better deal. Time alone will tell if a sleeping lion is indeed on the verge of waking.