PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 14:23
VFRIFR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mama Mangrove
It looks as if you guys need a good incentive allowance there - but I don't suppose you get it . More pictures if you have them.
You guess it, we got it but it's not good. Actually, Abidjan is very much safer than Lagos, Port Harcourt, etc from what I've heard. It 's quite safe around town and even at night (certain places). But then, too bad I don't have the pics of the guys hospitalised for malaria AND/OR typhoid recently( disease that will affect your health for the rest of your life, ie., if you made it alive).

We have 2 a/c and total crew of 10( BM,eng.'s, paramedics inclusive) per tour. So far 6 of out of 20 of us had been down either with one or both the disease, which means you have a 30% chance of catching these exotic diseases for being in any part of Africa except in the cities of Afrique du Sud. And not forgeting severe food poisoning , 100%. So I wonder, hhhmmmmmm........ ,may be we should be getting some kind of hazard allowance .

Le Wafou, rooms built like anthills, superb accomodations if you can stand the stench from the lagoon.