PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh No! not another announcement at BA CON
Old 30th Jul 2006, 13:20
PoodleVelour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Mercenary Ali & Wacky

. . so good to see that BACon is being run in the same fashion by a similar bunch of buffoons who ran Manx aka British Regional. Where do they find these morons? from Ali.

These are the buffoons who used to to run Manx/BRAL as middle management - they have since had any brain cells they might have possessed removed by BA managers seconded to BACX (people such as McL and TDLF) - and are now far worse than the original product. Backed by HR dumbos on mainline golden handshakes and headed up by Evans (enough said). From wacky.

Just for the record, having been with the Company in its various forms since '85, I think it needs pointing out that actually the original MANX management grew a successful Company from a SD 360 and Twin Otter Operation, into a jet operation with over 50 aircraft, record profits year on year, largely content (as far as flight crew ever are!) staff which was then floated on the Stock Market for tens of Millions. The stock market is not emotional, they believed there was massive profit potential, and the Company, under Terry and Norman, delivered. Yes, there were personality clashes, but most of us felt proud and secure to be working for the outfit. One might almost suggest that presumably the profile, success and assets of the Company (LHR slots for one) were what persuaded BA to purchase us. Since then, it's been downhill all the way Norman's biggest mistake was overpromoting that idiot Hutchings, (I remember when he joined, chopped by the RAF - that should tell you something). Phelan not much better, and Witts having been 'let go' by Air UK amongst others. I agree totally with nearly everything that has been said on this thread, let's just remember that before BA got involved, we were a hugely successful operation, with some of the best pay, conditions and morale in the Regional business. Now look at us! There is not a single, no, NOT A SINGLE MANAGER, at executive level, (ie above the FMs) who commands any sort of respect, or who has achieved ANYTHING except for cut after cut after cut. Profit...PMSL, they just don't have the experience, the ability, the acumen, - not to mention the permission of the waterworld beanies who probably will never let us post a profit even if we somehow made one. I've too long in to try to go elsewhere, it's always been the pension which has kept me here, but they've managed to screw that up as well. The future - who knows? If you're young enough, there is NO reason to stay. The awful thing is that they know this, and positively encourage senior people to leave. Losing one Chief Fleet Trainer is careless, losing two..well, how long before the third goes? I note our DW is not being replaced.

Nuff said, all one can do is try and keep smiling and hope for the best.