PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Airways Sponsorship Scheme open!
Old 30th Jul 2006, 11:51
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can only agree whole heartedly with Luke. Highland pilots have all moved on to pretty damn good jobs and with great success. I was talking to someone last week about some advanced handling course somewhere which they have to pass to get their job in a jet. They were worried about having to hand fly a few raw data procedures. Given that's what Highland do on a daily basis you can see why their drivers have no problem moving on. Add the fact that we get a lot of positioning sectors which with the trainers can be turned into practice engine failures etc and you get one well rounded individual.
11g
As for excellent T's and C's If you think a £75K bond is a good contract term then I can only suggest you have been well and truly 'moulded'
You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this. I'm curious to know what you think is a suitable bond for the following:
Accomodation whilst training plus £300/month training allowance.
100 hours SEP hour building
ATPL Groundschool
Night rating
IMC rating
Multi rating
CPL
Instrument rating
F406 Type rating
J31/32 Type rating
ATR42/72 Type rating
Command training as required.
I personally can't be bothered adding it up - it's a cracking day in INV and the beach is calling. Also once on line one of the best salaries in the sector. Companies can't give this away for free. The very nature of this business is that most people want to move up to something shinier and bigger. If the lucky person does this within 5 years of being on line he/she will pay a proportion of the massive amount Highland invested in them. What's wrong with that?

152 If you don't have a licence by interview then don't bother mate. Fuglies do a bit of driving about. The next guy will have one so why take the chance? You may fail and where does that leave you?