PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reds exit display
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 09:51
Vifferpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 'Chuffer' Dandridge
Secondly, Why not disband the Red Arrows (must cost a whole lot of much needed cash to run ever year), and have a smaller team in line with our smaller 'Tony Bliar style' RAF. How about a formation of four red Tucanos? That way, they wouldnt need to take up so much sky, and a TRA wouldn't be required, and they would have to keep their eyes open like I have to when I do any formation flying! Or can I apply for a TRA when I fly a big formation around the skies?
I wont bite, I wont bite, I wont...

Husbands Bosworth recently held some sort of x-country gliding competition. Whilst the route was duly NOTAM'd, it went very close to the Mildenhall/Lakenheath zones. At the time I questioned the airmanship involved in putting so many difficult to see, non-squawking (?) gliders that close to a major transport airfield. Indeed, I had to interrupt several teaches with my students to avoid said gliders. Now, I know that the open FIR is exactly that, open, but I was always taught to think very carefully about my routings so as to avoid the potential for late avoidance or even a mid-air. Just wondered what the consensus is on this kind of thing?