PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 09:44
deedave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi James.

I am a former Planestation shareholder and Thanet resident.

I am not a member of MAG.

I do not believe there is anything to be gained by the promulgation of lies and half-truths.

On previous shareholder bulletin boards there was a lot of desperate "talking up" of Manston (which I am now beginning to see on this board as well).
As a local I was able to provide accurate eyewitness accounts of how lousy the pax figures were for EUjet (despite it's cheap prices and high standards).

I recieved a certain amount of criticism from people keen to keep the truth hidden. However, I hope I prevented a few people from investing their hard won pensions by believing Planestation's misleading press releases.
Personally I lost a lot of money.

People working in aviation are perhaps prone to missing the valuable "laymans perspective".

As a frequent flyer, I now realise as I pass Manston on my descent to LHR, that people are right when they say it is in the wrong place.

While it probably looks cute from the cockpit, from my passenger seat, Manston just looks to be too far from "the action".

From what I saw 10 days ago Seguro are doing badly on passengers.

Presumably Esperia will experience the same.

Still, in the short term, from the point of view of giving you guys a few more months work, it takes the same number of people to put an empty aircraft into the air as a full one!!!

Last edited by deedave; 30th Jul 2006 at 11:53.