PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Airlink - What are their future plans?
Old 14th Dec 2001, 23:09
4g_handicap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi guys,

Claw, come visit - just think of all the castles you could afford to buy us!

Speedbird59 - now you really want to open a can of worms. You hit the nail on the head.

At the risk of further enraging Spool-up and possibly ruining my career - it is very difficult for any airline to compete. Airlink has enjoyed success due to it's association with SAA(I think purely because of the reservation system that bring us so many of our pax).

I should apologise to you guys - my statement that our National Carrier loses R2 million a day was inaccurate it is in fact only R1.97 million. That is soooo much better.

I am sure you guys have heard the joke about SAA & Comair(specially adapted for this thread).

Two B737 are at the holding point with SAA being in front and dealing with some minor snag - of course the Comair aircraft ask "How long" to which SAA responds "only 3 or 3 minutes".
Well 5 minutes go passed and the Comair Captain getting impatient chirps the SAA aircraft "You are aware, Sir, that we pay for our fuel".
To which the quick witted SAA captain replied "Well, you are paying for ours too"

Anyway, that should land me in plenty hot water, so enjoy it.

Regards