PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Check in counter job
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 01:38
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
Friends of mine have applied worked for them in the past. Not sure if it's changed but in the past, all Pit Crew(baggage handlers) and guest services(checkin) are only employed as Permanant Part Timers. Only guarantee you 30 hours a week then it's a scrum of people who try to get the o/t when it's available.

They keep most of the 2 areas as perm part time as it allows them the flexibilty to up your hours and give you full time hours when they need you, and when it's quiet just keep you on 30 hours a week. It's pretty fierce competition to get a 'full time' role in either area.

Again i'm not sure if this is still accurate but this is from people i've known that have worked in both areas.

One of my friends dealt with the Westaff people too, from their experience steer clear and see if you can get in straight with DJ. They had to laugh during the interview process Westaff refused to tell who their 'client' was, though when my friend was unsuccessful for guest services they were asked if they would like to apply for 'pit crew'. So many other airlines call it that!

Travellin lite it sounds like you have an interview for the call centre rather than the airport, I believe they are expanding their call centre and moving into another facility as well in fort. valley