PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 17:50
navibrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Police

A very interesting thread with some really good bits and some emotional bits. Yes - we all have a job to do and some stick to the "rules" more than most. But that is not the problem. What we should all do is use common sense. Being aircrew, I no more wish to see aircrew "get away with it" more than anyone else. But there is a balance and that is what this thread raises.

In the mid 90's at Leeming, we had a Sqn bash at the Sqn. A certain man decided to cycle back and was stopped by the RAFP and told to push his bike home. Now in the old days, they would have said "Jump in, we will take you home".

No - the RAFP drove on and after some yards, my colleague jumped back on his bike only to be stopped again. Did the RAFP help? Oh yes - they followed him home at 2 mph or so to make sure he didn't get back on his bike.

Now you can take puritanical stance or the realistic stance. Are we a team or are we all individuals working in the same business. Clearly, some issues demand strong decision making; but then there are the issues that don't.

Having a relative in the civvy police, I know that they are more than wlecome to turn a blind eye to some misgivings. Unfortunately, some, in the RAFP aren't. And that is the issue.
I leave that for you to discuss.