PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Postkontraken (Norwegian Mail Contract)
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 17:07
Norwegian1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainProp
Thats criminal!! 200 k´s for a ATP rating?? I say go get a 737 or a business jet rating and get a proper job for that kind of money (maybe, just maybe add a little money to that figure...but then get a proper job!!)
There are SOOO many companies screaming for Citation/Falcon/Hawker and 737 pilots out in Europe/Middle east and Asia that getting a job once you have the rating will not be a "problem"...and it´s getting better and better out there for every day that goes by!! Just wait until sept/oct when people get back from their leave and recruitement picks up again!! It will get really good!!
/CP
I try to look positive on things, yes 200 k's is a lot of money for a ATP TR because it isn't so many other companies around operating these aircrafts no more. On the other hand it isn't that many companies to day which offer bonding, they require that you have taken the TR before you can even apply for the job. A TR on the B737 may give you a intervju, but it is a long way to land the job especially if you don't have hours on the type which are mention here. If you take this bonding, you at least don't have to take up extra loan. The conditions are hard to begin with, but as the first years go by, it's getting better and better i think and you at least have a flying job and are current operational! And for me as a lowtimer i see this as a good way and start to my aviation caeer! I have landed my first job on an ATP a/c and are very happy! Think positive - work hard!