PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open skies hopes fade
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 14:02
Grendel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fear on the US side of the pond, at least among labor and those who support a rational sort of policy in the foreign relations arena, is that the George Bush method of market integration is Chaos. When the neo-cons see slaughter and confusion and collusion in the market place, they say isin't this great, isn't this the creative destruction of capitalsim?

The US congress doesn't want this subject simply signed away by the executive. Kemo Sabe, Bwanna Massa King George Bush the first, thinks that he has the power to simply sign Bermuda 2 off the map and create something new or just say it will be a "free for all", with of couse a few cutouts for his good Texas buddy's at American. King George has made many"signing statements" that he attaches to leglislation. Many of these signing statements are opnions, given by his legal advisors, that simply preempt or remove the Government's role or very responsibility enacted in the leglislation.

We don't torture! But the Government reserves the right, through other governments and proxies, to use very coercive forms of interrogation to get information from suspected terrorists who are not US citizens. Some people and other governmental agencies and civil rights groups might construe these agressive forms of interrogation as torture, but my lawyers tell me that is not the case, and I am the president, I am the decider. I decide that it isn't torture so there! Blah Blah Blah Blah etc ect.

The congress has derailed this plan at least for now so that a new agreement can be hammered out.

I wish the Monty Python 16 ton weight would fall on him, then it would be time for something completely different.