PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The scene is set - incl Low Flying rules and Is there a 'cultural divide'?
Old 29th Jul 2006, 11:16
Woolf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello,

Firstly I'd like to say that in my opinion flying a helicopter to a pub for a spot of lunch is great. Unfortunately it's not something I've done yet but if I could afford it I definitely would.

Royston, if indeed you are the pilot in question then I think there is nothing much wrong with what you did and I agree that some of the previous posts are way over the top.

The only suggestion I would make is, that you should always get the landowners permission before you land on his/her property. It’s not just courtesy, it is also is a legal requirement. Obviously in your case the landowner was more than happy but other people might not be so accommodating (see posts above).

The other point to be aware of (and I am not saying that this was the case here) is to make sure the landing site is not in a build up area. If it is (and it’s sometimes not easy to decide) then CAA approval is required for any landing on an unlicensed aerodrome.

Regards,

Woolf