PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 07:09
ERJDCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jett15,

As an american here at CX i will add my two cents. I would have to agree with Sqwak7700 and Sizematters. The other Gents on this board have a few points but by reading their posts they lead you to believe this place is terrible. It reminds me when i used to ride in a United or Delta jumpseat and listen to the guys complain when i was a regional guy. Its not a bad place and personally i would leave almost any U.S. flying jobs-especially any regional job! It does in fact have its differences from what you are use too. Its a much more disciplined operation. I wouldn't be walking around running your mouth off. I have not had any problems with any trainers/checkers or have been treated differently. Their are a few to watch for but you tell me an airline that doesn't? My grades have not been below anyone, infact i have done quite well and have been above average on most. Yes, upgrades depend on past performance so prepare yourself! They expect a lot from you so just put in a little work. Its worth it.

I would too like to know what guys are leaving and to where?? What is considered a superb job these days? Anything tied with aviation is vulnerable however i think i can expect to have a job in 10 years and make a very respectable living. Where are the paycuts i keep hearing about?? Im not one to believe everything i hear but its been publicly stated that once the issues have been ironed out with the DEFO's the company will talk pay. I hope that to be true but im not going to be walking around ranting pay cuts because i dont see it to be possible to accept. And yes, i know the past.

Jett15, you have to do what is best for you but making a decision on not attending the second interview based on a few pprune posts is just out right silly. Feel free to PM.

Good luck.