PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar service?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 06:15
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All this angst over JQ

How about this for a theory.

If you want full service buy a ticket on a full service airline,

If you want to earn top money flying aircraft leave Australia and go overseas,

If you don't want to pay for a type rating don't,

If you are QF and seriously worried about your T&Cs, and you probably should be, go on strike...or resign and head overseas where your qualifications are in desperately short supply.

Sooner or later if enough people vote accordingly things may change...if not enough people vote accordingly they won't.

Either way you will feel much better.

But if someone else decides to buy a ticket on JQ or a type rating to further their careers or stay in Oz and be paid whatever the going rate is that is their choice and it shouldn't effect you one little bit.

Unless of course you are one of those people who seem to need to get extremely angry over circumstances not being as you would prefer and chose to blame others while winding yourself up into a little ball of seething tension.

Seems a waste of emotional energy to me. I don't worry about what the ugg boot set are paying for a ticket or getting service wise. I buy an ID90 J class ticket on my employer airline or those with an interline and travel in comfort served by FAs who I work with who always seem to have a smile. Once a year I travel free J class on annual leave travel and on one other occasion a year I travel J class anywhere on the network for the price of the taxes charged by the desto countries on our network. So does my family.

I don't lose sleep when other pilots decide to leave the expat life and return to work for JQ in Oz...it's their decision and the only effect on me is my pay will go up if enough leave...off you go fellas!!!

Get on with your lives as best you can and let others do the same...whinging in here achieves nothing other than raising your blood pressure.

There are choices out there in the world. Vote with your feet and win or don't and live with your choices...but for fecks sake if you can't/won't get off your arse shut up and suffer in silence.