PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - working (jobs) in America?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2006, 23:03
downwindabeam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are many ways to go about obtaining your US working permit (citizenship should you really like one.... you can have one without the other it seems).

I know of many people here who have lived here for 2,5,9,15 years and are still not legal here (not mexicans) and are having a great life. However, to hold a job with an airline here you'll need somekind of a working arrangement. A green card would do. But that's a hack of alot easier said than done...

If i'm not mistakin' marrying someone boils down to pretty much the only option unless ofcourse you have a skill that they need and don't have, but that ofcourse is usually speaking, highly unlikely. In that case, it leaves us with marriage which you'll be surprised is not as bad of an option as it seems depends on how much you want this life.

But after all this spiel, I gottta stop an ask you. W-H-Y?????????????????????????????????????? what is it in America that you fell in love with???? What could America possibly have that Europe isn't already offering you ten times ahead with progress and evolution to it?

I'm an american living here in America. Was born and rasied as a dual citizen somewhere in the middle east and cannot understand for the hack of me what's the great thing about America everybody likes so much.

Being a pilot here, is becoming worse by the day! No glory any more, deff no pay, you are treated like a bus driver and get the schedule of one.

I really am genuinely interested in knowing what draws you to America please.

-downwindabeam