PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2006, 18:23
Yarba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

OK, whatever. Wonder why ADA asked me to stay on after I quit (which I did for a few months to help them out) and why they gave me the letter I still have saying I would be welcome back any time.
It's awaste of time talking about workovers if that's what you have to do to make money. The reason they always need workovers is because they're always short of pilots.
Wow, $80,000 for a pilot - almost what a senior co-pilot makes on the North Sea, but it's okay, the salary is so good you have to bring your wife over to work (if she's professional!) to make good money. SASless wouldn't agree with you about greenbacks in Aramco.
If you remember one of the ADA pilots was shot when he was near the deck - oh yes, he was taking off!
You pretty much summed it up when you said what I've said all along:
The worst things about the Middle East are the heat, the lack of anything green, and that you can only buy real estate in selective little enclaves and have to pay $250,000 and up USD for an apartment. That makes this place a spot to come to for a few years, earn some tax free dollars, and get the hell out. Nobody comes here to retire.
Glad to see we're totally in agreement