PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental pilot fired after intoxication charge
Old 28th Jul 2006, 17:54
Charly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mustafagander
I am rather concerned to read that this pilot was given the "zoombo" straight away, apparently without investigating whether s/he had an alcohol problem. Most civilised management regimes offer some sort of path to recovery.
That s/he MUST be removed from duty when intoxicated is unquestioned, but I'd like to think that there was at least a little investigation into the circumstances.
YouŽre absolutly right! If somebody has a serious drinking problem, it'll unfortunatly show someday on duty.

Here you had the case, that you had the possibility to recover an alcoolic before you ruin his life without the public noticing it and without a law being broken yet (yes, i know, the attempt is allready illegal, but at least he hasnŽt boarded the plane, when i understand the case correctly).

But if it wasnŽt an alcohol problem but rather an attitude problem? And the company finally had the possibility to fire him? YouŽll never know...