PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The scene is set - incl Low Flying rules and Is there a 'cultural divide'?
Old 28th Jul 2006, 16:00
metalman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
set the scene

Hello Everyone,

I am the pilot who along with my mate decided to call into the pub at the side of the A40 a couple of weeks ago,I cannot believe all of the bull**** that has been printed with regard to my "pitstop" along with the views of all you (so called) super pilots out there,however I now realise and understand how rumour's start,let us begin by not letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Let me explain the events of that day,but first of all allow me to tell you of my experience i am 60 years old and have been flying for the past twenty five years,i have more that 6000 hrs on fix wing and 1000 hours rotary,300 of them were aquired on the Robbo 22 within the last twelve months,on the day in question we were returing to swansea from wellesbourne pushing a 35knot headwind we were both tired and thirsty when we spotted what we thought was a suitable pub to have a coffe and a sandwich,we made an approach and landed on some grassy ground in front of the car park,there was plenty of room and was in my opinion a safe although some (inexperienced) pilots would say "tight" spot to land. The landord made us very welcome and invited both myself and any of my friends to visit at anytime,he pointed out that he also owned the field next door.(which is big enough for anyone)

I can highly reccomend the restaurant,the food is excellent and people are friendly,if you get an opportunity please go and have whatever takes your fancy,say hello to Stephen and Joanna for me ther name of the restaurant is the Hardwick,it's on the old Raglan Road, Abergavenny,Telephone no 01873854623,or you could email them on [email protected].

I had a sandwich and a lemonade followed by a coffee,my mate had a glass of wine and she also had a sandwich,no alcohol whatsoever!!!!!!!

I hope this has'nt spoilt a good story for all you sad bored people out there!!!!!
Why not go and have some fun instead of sitting at your computers inventing stories?

Last edited by metalman; 28th Jul 2006 at 16:19.