PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GAPAN Scholarships (J N Somers & others) 2004/2005/2206
Old 28th Jul 2006, 11:33
Wazzoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kat, same here. Got the results yesterday (actually, haven't seen them as I'm away at the moment, back rang home to find out). Will read through the Morrisby report when I get home at the weekend, quite interested to see what they have to say about me

What did their letter say? I was just wondering to what exptent they just said the same thing to everyone.

Mine said along the lines of..very high standard and a lot of competition this year etc and the selection panel felt that in previous years you would have been able to make the cut but that the competition this year was just too tight. But that said, you are still excellent pilot material and they would like to recommend you to FTE. Please return this form if you want that.

Is that what everyone got basically and you all 'just' missed out? Is it just a bit of back scratching towards FTE or did you really only just miss out and they are trying to help you out as a result?

Interested to hear what others got told! Gutted that I didn't get through, but was always a possiblity I had to keep in mind. Doesn't lessen the blow though.

I think the fact that there was so little you can do with the psychometic tests, theres little you can do to really push your chances up, you've just gotta be yourself. Which feels kinda helpless and frustrating...not like an interview say where you can really put an effort into how you come across and how you answer the questions and you have more control over the outcome.

Anyway, onwards and upwards...not to lose heart! Its just one set back, onto the other options now. Gonna get there one way or another