PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUET & CRM For NSW RFS 06/07 season
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2006, 05:36
McGowan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do agree that it isn't easy for everyone to have done the HUET/CRM thing, BUT, RFS has been telling us it will be a requirement for a little while now. It isn't a new thing. As you know, Careflight Safety run the HUET course on a regular basis so it's not impossible to do. I also remember an RFS email regarding CRM courses not that long ago.
Having the HUET course done is a good idea, I know that the first time I did it, I was surprised at how easy it was to become disorientated once under water, even though I knew it was coming and had been prepared and briefed about it.
The CRM thing is a bit of a mystery to me for single pilot ops. I wonder how many of our passengers, be they air attack, mapping or whatever will have done the CRM course before they get in a helicopter and how are they going to prove it to the PIC!!
I also wonder what background the new aviation advisor has in the way of fire ops or civil/commercial experience. Not slagging him off yet, just wondering....................