PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 2
Thread: Ryanair - 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 23:42
Charlie Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milan Bergamo - new winter routes?

Considering the FR aircraft that are based in Bergamo, and looking at the winter timetable, then they do the same work as in summer but with the following exceptions:

Glasgow: Reduced from 7 to 4 weekly flights
Brussels: Reduced from 7 to 0 weekly flights
Hamburg: Reduced from 7 to 4 weekly flights
Liverpool: Reduced from 4 to 0 weekly flights
Newcastle: Reduced from 3 to 0 weekly flights

The Brussels reduction is explained by a Brussels aircraft taking over from the Milan one. Thus, reductions in Brussels, Glasgow and Hamburg services add up to 13 freed up rotations per week. Therefore I foresee quite a number of new route announcements for Bergamo!!!
(I suspect that Liverpool and Newcastle have not been axed, but will rather be rescheduled amid the launching of the various new routes.)

Other bases:
Shannon has launched Bournemouth and Edinburgh for winter, both on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. This new capacity has materialised out of thin air, suggesting that existing Shannon schedules will be modified shortly with a number of destinations seeing a reduction in order to facilitate these new routes.
Dublin is very difficult to figure out because summer and winter timetables differ significantly on several routes. But last week the winter schedule showed a Dublin based aircraft operating a late evening service to Cork on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. This has now disappeared, but hasn't been put to use on another destination. Potential for a new route here! Meanwhile Humberside remains unscheduled (although possibly axed), and there could be a few free rotations hanging around that I have missed...
Cork winter schedule contains some time descrepencies, so the flight times are likely to see some minor modifications.
Luton has a three and half hour rotation as of yet unscheduled Monday to Friday due to the axing of the Shannon route. Probably one more route announcement to come here then.