PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar T4
Thread: Jaguar T4
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 23:39
Skeleton

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Forgive me for this.. I am a Jag Groupie.. Yes i did work on it as the Ops Assistant (Not Clerk - Go away Jag pilots, I helped you for years, they know what i mean)

Let me get this straight, the CAA will not allow ex fast jet military jets to fly because in no particular order:

1: Some of them have reheat. Sorry what difference does that make? Concorde did ok till the frogs decided they knew better and removed the wheel spacers and put on crappy tires, Are the CAA now saying the whole reheat concept is dangerous?

2. Military aircraft are complex, hmmmm so any other ex military/civil aircraft the CAA give a certificate to fly is not complex. I think a few marketing offices and engineers may disagree.

3. Cant get spares, no paperwork/ plans. - This is my favourite and most "Please can i fly this" companies are right. British Wasteaspace are a nightmare - They will support you but in name only and only if they think they are getting good publicity, Vulcan to the sky is a prime example, yes its supported by BA but only so they have got there finger in the pie. Thankfully the Americans have seen the light and thats why lots of fast jets get to fly in America. The manufacturers get little say, thats what insurance is for.

4. Jaguar (shut up Harrier mates) was a good steady weapons platform - at low level. Does that make a difference? It carried weapons that killed people, i take it that although the weapons are not readily available the CAA would insist the weapons control system and wing hardstandings were disabled.

Blame the CAA by all means . Call it a different slant but there not the only ones guilty. BA could and should have sanctioned something by now, be it a Bucc, be it an ex RN/Leuchars F4, there not interested and until they are, and they think there going to make money nothing will move.

As much as I would love to see a Jaguar, flown by Mr Cubin, Mr Pixton, or Mr Gallagher doing the airshow scene - Its not going to happen, till one of the big players makes money out of it. Till then they will risk nothing.

Jackindo forget the back seat, you get in the front, you deserve it - At least you say what you think m8. Lots of high flying folk on here will move into little slots at BA when there careers are over which is why they will say little in reply to your points.

The Jag - The mighty beast. Now its about to be retire, the ONLY, single seat, SUPERSONIC, aircraft in the RAF that actually flew in combat and dropped Bombs will have gone.

Trouble is it will have been the last of its breed and creed, and many would say the best of all of them.

My credentials - 3 Tours as a Jag Ops man. Lots of Jaguar back seats (1000 munute kid) - I bet Mr Cubin could identify me now.

Other Credentials - I worked on a harrier base and quickly realised i was not prepared to bow when a Harrier pilot eneterd the room. If you had bowed in front of a Jag mate, chances are he would have looked behind him to see what you were looking at

JAGUAR - The only way to fly!!