PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Mosquito:
Thread: The Mosquito:
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 21:48
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Glue and airframe failures are one of the 'blacked out' problems, I think, in history of de Havilland. However there's not a lot of documentation generally out there about it.'

Before Hatfield closed I was able to spend a little time rummaging through the photographic section archives, I can't remember what excuse I used to get in there though!. There were plenty of images of production, service mods, battle damage etc which in their time would have been classified, for example radar/electronic fittings and installations, 'upkeep' the images were all there, in black and white. It was a staggering archive and I wonder where it went to?
I can't recall any shots showing or appearing to show delaminating type problems. If there had been I feel certain they would have been there, and by now it would have been common knowledge in the general hiostory of the type. For example the Typhoon tail mods to overcome structural failing are widely known as is the resolution. I think if it were a significant issue, particularly in flight structural failure, by now it would be common knowledge.