PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Bog' standard Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 21:13
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assure you, slim slag, these reports have nothing to do with bulletin boards and everything to do with the CAA!

There have been numerous occasions when the CAA has issued warnings to Ryanair over its scant regard for aviation safety. (Unfortunately, because FR is Irish registered, the CAA only has limited powers, and nothing so far has been serious enough to ground them.)

One of the most serious instances involved Ryanair pilots regularly crying wolf over falsely declaring "low fuel" warnings in order to jump the queue for landing, putting other aircraft and passengers at risk.

Indeed, slim slag, you either have a short memory or selective memory when it comes to the Channel 4 documentary - there were heaps of safety breaches, including fatigued crews flying (when at a legacy carrier they would legitimately have stood down from flying duty). However, none so serious as to warrant grounding!

The success of Ryanair has nothing to do with O'Leary's business acumen, but everything to do with Osama Bin Laden and bringing the legacy carriers to their knees after 09/11!

I hope I am wrong, but most of us at the "legacy" carriers feel the same way - Ryanair is not a safe or secure airline.