PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any advice would be great
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 20:18
xxx5572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any advice would be great

I would like to ask all those ppruners out there for a bit of advice and help regarding a few things.

I am trying to decide whether or not to do a degree in aviation management. My first problem is which course to do. I have found that London Met University does both a Foundation degree in 'Aviation Management & Operations' and a BSc(hons) in 'Aviation Management'. However I am not sure which one to do and whether or not the Foundation degree would have any kind of benefit.
I have been working as a passenger service agent for the past 2 years and feel that I have gained as much knowledge as possible at this level. This experience has given me a very good understanding of the airport environment and aviation today. I have however recently changed my role to become a dispatcher. So far I have enjoyed the work and I look forward to carrying this on.
I have been looking into these courses for some time now and I am busy debating whether or not a degree would help further my career in the future or, if the experience I will gain from working at the airport would be more beneficial.
I will also be writing to some of the major airlines in the hope i may get some kind of feed-back regarding this issue in order to help make an informed decision. I do however feel that this may be unlikely. I would greatly appreciate for anyone with any high-level managerial experience or similar to give me some guidance on whether or not doing either of these courses would be beneficial.

Many thanks in advance