PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your dream Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 17:54
Fg Off Max Stout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whirls, a lady of exceptional taste. The mighty wokka may be big and noisy but there is nothing lumbering about it. With 8000shp in your left hand an empty cab performs very nicely - just try a bit of low level fighter affil. Combine that with a three-gun fit, a robust, reliable, proven design, a pretty comprehensive self defence suite, a great bunch of colleagues and you've got an all round good deal. So you want to have a ride in one, Whirls? If you're hot enough, I'm sure we could work something out.

Pandalet, the Halo certainly is an impressive beast - the size of an airliner but it can hover! Just to 'invert' that pic of yours, when I was operating Chinnies in Iraq, close to Shaibah, there was a Halo abandoned in the desert having been damaged (possibly LGBed) previously. When I returned 6 months later, the aircraft had been stripped to virtually nothing by local looters and scrappies. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of that but it can still be seen on Google Earth - just.
30°25'31.10"N 47°37'27.86"E

My dream helo ... Ka50/52 Hokum. A true battlefield predator and possibly as good looking as rotary gets.

Last edited by Fg Off Max Stout; 27th Jul 2006 at 18:38.