PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aviation mythbuster
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 14:26
HELOFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where the hell does all the faith come from?

I am a mechanic & a pilot, and see some things as a mechanic that really makes you wonder some times about how things, there is always a theory about it but when you see something that just shouldnt happen but does .... and does repeatedly & you start to question how much we really know bout simple things like electrickery & magnetism.

Its funny all of a sudden folks are kings of maintenance & know that their ride is electrically impervious to receiving signals from a powerful little radio reciever & transmitter( thats all a cell phone is, though it doesnt really run on numbers, more like radio frequencies ... the phone numbers are just for us silly humans instead of us having to remember these bigger frequency numbers. A cell is not a house phone)

I degress.......

Imagine that, an electrical system is perfect( ho hum righto then ) and cannot be affected by a powerful litte radio tranmitter reciever.
It can give us cancer but not affect a delicate system of electronics.

So what we need is a test pilot that is prepared to fly about whilst a cell phone is placed in his A/C in various locations & whilst he performs his daily duties... unless that is sitting on his butt, the cell(s) transmit & recieve all day.

I bet that may take a few pilots back a step & think it.
Although can you imagine what his stories of affermation would be like if it did bring his ride to an early ending.... " no really my helo did just stop & as the cell rang .....no really then the gyro's went all funny and...... No really"

even if it may not happen, who is seriously going to risk that ?? !!

HF