PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 2
Thread: Aer Lingus - 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 12:52
Sumatra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aer Lingus

"I think Eli's fares are very good especially if you book early and are flexible"

I think that's all changed. Yes in the past if you booked early you got the best price but now when it looks as if demand is low they reduce their prices. In May I was caught out going to Lyon. I booked the family trip early but a week or two before departure I could have got the same flights for €350 less and even at that there were still plenty of seats unsold. So really the fare I was sold for purchasing during one of their so called 'Sales' cost me because I was effectively subsidising the seats that were left unsold. This July I left it to the last minute to book and found Are Lings cheaper in only two of my five round trips. My custom for the other three went to Ryan and I have to say Ryan flights were punctual.

If you are flexible - say you can go on their am flight on a particular Tuesday in Nov to get their headline sale price fine but in reality Aer Lingus is sometimes a low-cost carrier and sometimes just the same as they always were.

They worked hard to build an image of offering cheap fares which they appear to be having great difficulty maintaining.