PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN
Thread: DUBLIN
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 11:55
Mr.Brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone coming from the North and the West nearly all have to pay a toll just to get to the airport at the moment.
Another Airport at Baldonel would allow the massive market from the midlands much easier access and would be an ideal location for a main cargo terrminal in the Dublin region.
Unfortunatley another runway is on the way no matter how much people(including my self) give out about it, If the Gov want it they'll get it. Just like the Nice treaty!
It seems to be the cheaper solution to build another runway not a cheap solution. Like everything in Ireland it's half arsed! They build the M50 to help congestion in the centre of Dublin and to ease the movement of people from one side of the city to the other, but the cheap way was to build it with two lanes either side. Yeh everyone is happy. Now its as congested as the city centre. Why not initially build it with 3 lanes in the first place?
We need a bit more foresight fom our gov!
Before the land, for the new plans @ Dublin Airport, was sold I ask who owned it? Some of our local politicians maybe!
Another scam infront of our eyes!
Eircom used to be a state company, I know lets sell it to the taxpayers and overvalue the shares!
Scam after scam