PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi (industrial action vote)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 11:38
Dr. Spin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the last few years we have seen the gradual erosion of our overall package. This was generally accepted by the workforce to ease the company out of the difficult trading circumstances after Sept 11th.
Throughout there was an inference that all would be redressed once we returned to profit. This has not been the case.
All I wish for is realistic recompense with respect to my position as a highly motivated and professional operator.
I have been an airbus narrowbody skipper for many years now, and my take home salary is on a par with a year 1 long haul first officer in BA. When you now factor in a proposed increase of 8.5% (18.5% of gross salary instead of 10%) in my pension contributions for the same benefit then he will be earning more than me! I'm not having a go at BA here, and you could argue that if I don't like it then I could always go there, but I like where I am, I don't want to change seats anyway.
The pension issue has now been added to the list of items that BALPA and the management have 'failed to agree' on, and I for one will be lending my full support.

Last edited by Dr. Spin; 7th Aug 2006 at 14:35.