PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar service?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 10:39
Vee Won Kutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just that some of us like to be treated as we would treat others.
That is a very good point, and a very good motto to live by! In these days of push and shove, dog-eat-dog etc I believe that it's worth while to remember.

I have a big problem with the entire Qantas group management. I have a problem with the fact that they can get a bonus for squeezing more and more from their staff. It's so easy to get caught up with an 'us and them' mentality (for us too). It might be part of a managers role to get the most out of us, but it is a abhorrent to think that they can get paid more if they can find a way to pay us less.

Unfortunately the poor check-in staff are on the front line, and must often deal with continuous stress and unfortuanelty often rude pax. I know many Qantas check-in staff, and the job wears them down very quickly. They have very little time to deal with each customer and must continually push them through. Try being nice to the check-in staff next time you fly and see what reaction they give you!

As for the management at Qantas - look to GD. He seems almost inhuman. The only time he smiles is when he has screwed somebody over. That sort of management flows downhill and it pollutes the entire organisation below.

In case any of the QF management missed it at Sunday school:

Galatians 6:7-9
...for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.........and let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap......So then, as we have oportunity, let us do good to everyone......
Or to paraphrase it: 'What comes around, goes around.'

Our Nation was built on these sort of values, and it's a great nation - It's only now with these basic values vanishing that things are taking a turn for the worse.

Here endith the sermon.