PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 09:32
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Well done Followyourdreams!!!

Follow your dreams,

WELL DONE for getting through the day!!! I told you that you would do well!!! But why do you think you stuffed up on the one on one interview? What makes you say that???

As far as them saying to you that you have to wait two weeks for an email - they will email you if you are unsuccessful, or to let you know that they are still processing applications. They will call you to let you know that you need to organise a medical examination, but they will also email you with the details of where you have to go for those. Before they call you, they will call your referees, so you should ask your referees to call you as soon as they hear anything from Virgin. If they call your referees, you are 90% of the way there. That would probably be your best bet.
I think they tell everyone the same thing, and I don't think they just told YOU that because they knew something. I think at the end of the interview day, they get together and discuss the people that they would like to put forward. It is everyone's decision. Not just one person.

As far as the 6 month waiting game goes, I am not sure why they are doing that. At our VBRD, they didn't say that to us - and as it turned out, I never went on a waiting list - I was just called up 3 weeks after the VBRD with the "good news" phone call... and training school for me is on Monday. Unless they are not sure how many extra staff they need and are putting you guys on "standby" for now - who knows... but Qantas has been known to do stuff like that all the time. I have known Qantas to put staff on waiting lists for up to 2 years. It sucks, and you're right - they shouldn't do that to people.

Anyway, just hold tight, because you will know soon enough. Just keep really busy and try not to think about them now.

Until then, take care

STF