PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 08:42
clicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 16 blades
If either of the above ever happened, the chances of getting a copper (of any flavour, Civ or RAFP) to do ANYTHING about it are ZERO. Hell, you'd be bloody lucky if they bothered to turn up 3 days later to take your statement. 16B
16B,

Speaking as a civvie police controller, i.e. one that tells policemen were to go and gets away with it, I'm sorry your local force has not seen fit to prioritise its crime. The mob I work for requires burglaries to be attended with 2 hours of the call, a target that we generally make.

The problem comes down to government bean counters. While reported crime has increased in the 19 years I’ve done this job, the said bean counters have not increased the number of policemen by the same percentage, our total of police officers has only increased by about 500-700 in that time.

We no longer have speed management teams in every traffic area, although we have a camera team who do go out and about to locations more often made known in advance. If any plonker then wants to break the speed limit and get caught, fine by me for not planning in advance! http://www.sussexsafetycameras.gov.uk/mobile.htm for anyone interested

Due to other changes, more often or not, dictated to by government, where in 1987 I would be controlling 4 or 5 cars in a medium sized town in our area, I would now probably have 1 or 2 now.

This is not a fob off, but hope it explains some of the problems we have.

Cheers clicker