PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE 200 OPERATION IN AFRICA
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2001, 09:08
Max Torque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

putco is right: one of the finest aircraft ever built. I would fly one any day. There is really just no other mass production aircraft out there that has its short/rough field performance and fast cruise. As for tearing the wings off them, the few times that has happened, it would have killed any other aircraft except perhaps a Jetstar (four engine bizjet from the 60's). I know of a guy who forgot to set his flaps on a F90, stalled out at about 50' and made a very hard three point landing. They had to truck the plane out, but the wings were still firmly attached to it. Come to think of, same thing with a 200 and they flew that one out after having a very close look at it. It was a bit crooked though and needed a 1000 hours of TLC when the mechs got it back.
Now the 200 is not the cheapest, but it is rugged, reliable, espescially the engines, and 1200NM with a 60-100 minute reserve is possible if you are careful and use LRC to adjust. Mind you I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Congo, but to each his own.
Great aircraft-highly recommended.
putco: probably see you soon, keep beer cold, look after Barbie Jet