PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar service?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2006, 02:00
B A Lert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wirgin blew
Its all in the terms and conditions. The small box you tick without actually reading them. Somewhere in those terms and conditions QF, JQ and DJ included gives them the power to pretty much do whatever they want without having to give you anything. Those T&C cover pretty much every eventuallity and I am sure if people actually read the rules they may even think twice about flying altogether.
It is true that the terms and conditions are biassed totally toward the airlines, or indeed any service provider - the world over. But there's also a concept of 'customer service' and 'good-will'. Price might win the first time around but once a customer realises that price, like size, isn't everything, he will go elsewhere if he thinks he is receiving better value. It is very subjective but it does appear to me that the culture at Jetstar must change so that their passaengers are treated as though they do have a choice: travel on another carrier or not at all. The most successful of all companies are those with an embedded culture of customer service, be it real or perceived. Only the long term outcomes will tell us if Jetstar's attitude is right or wrong. At the moment, I think the jury would suggest the latter.