PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 21:56
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the Filton-Teesside ran I think for Hutchinson Telecom who are based in Darlington. I think it had alot to do with the setting up of their 3rd generation mobile phone arm 3G. Yes all the pax between MME and BRS were scheduled. Just interesting to see that there was a general trend upwards apart from the last month.

"In fact, around 1996 Bae wanted to turn Filton into a city airport, There were many objectors including, unsurprisingly BRS, and a public enquiry was held. Following this the relevant government minister (Selwyn Gummer) turned down the application." Maybe this is what I had heard and interpreted as not being allowed scheduled services, can't remember.

Regarding the BRU I don't think its just BRS running at what seems to be a low load factor on the route. LBA for example has 11 rotations a week (I think) run by an emb 145, it maybe a 135. I think with Brussels being one of the centres for the European Parliament fares must be quite high, either that or the routes are heavily subsidised.