PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 19:46
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allusion : casual remark, hint, indirect reference, innuendo, mention, suggestion

Merchant regarding Filton, BRS and BRU.
I will actually take from your post here to support my argument and actually question Eastern.
If we take the four figures posted by you, (799, 895, 902 and 658), and forget about the last one which was probably due to the fact that the service had gone down from three to two rotations a day. These figure suggest to me that the route was actually growing. Ok not very fast and Eastern probably decided that the aircraft was better utilised on another route.
There were people there wanting to use the route as proved by you above, but I did say that the competion at NCL was probably just too much for Eastern.
Regarding Filton, there was a service between Filton and MME and I only said as far as I know Filton aren't allowed scheduled services. I'm not an expert.
Now with regard to the BRU service. Yes the market maybe small but isn't that why Eastern has announced a service with just two rotations a day with a 29 seater aircraft. Don't forget that there will be people using both the LBA and the NCL services to BRU that would prefer to fly from MME. On top these there will be currently people using the Heathrow service out of MME to get to BRU.