PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 19:31
jett15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the culture at Cathay like?

Hello everyone!

Wondering if I can get some feedback on this. I'm concerned about the "culture" at Cathay. I have heard that the folks at the training department don't particularly care for American pilots; that the culture there is very "old-world, stiff upper lip" British military style; that you're under the microscope all the time, even after getting hired; that you can be fired anytime if a couple of captains don't like you;that you have to be real submissive to the training/checking and line captains and thick-skinned in response to their egotistical treatment of you; that if you have strong "Republican/ Conservative" views you'll get put down; and that during training you're basically on your own - no real help during training, but lots of checking. Now, while I'm not a troublemaker nor do I get in people's faces and I'm certainly used to the American way of doing things, if someone asked me for my views I'll explain them and back them up. I'm also not a kiss-up, stroke-your-ego, I'll do whatever you want sir, especially when I know it's all an ego/personality thing. I'm not trying to cause arguments here, but I'm not sure I can handle that kind of culture and don't want to end up at a place that's not suited for me or that I'm not suited for it.

Thanks in advance for all the feedback.