PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA - Visa and TSA Requirements
Old 26th Jul 2006, 18:39
ant1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi DB,

Tried to reach the TSA Flight Student Program Help Desk today but they seemed too busy and I got an answering machine.

Their site sates:

[08/25/2005] Taking flight training without an appropriate visa could be a violation of your immigration status and could result in your arrest and removal from the United States; therefore, it is important that you have a visa that permits you to take flight training in the United States. If you do not possess the correct visa, or if you have questions pertaining to your visa status or the appropriate visas for flight training, please contact your local Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services at 1-800-375-5283 or at, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or the State Department Consular Affairs Office for assistance. The AFSP will deny flight training requests from candidates who are present in the United States illegally or who do not have an appropriate visa for flight training.

You say in your previous message that you contacted several agencies. Do those phone calls include one to the guys you had to deal with when you went through the port of entry ? I mean, are they the Border Patrol or the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service ? Are they the same thing ? (Please pretend I asked this the right way )

Thanks