PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 17:29
Manston Airport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EUAir
Catflaps- I know for a fact that you have no idea of the Revenue and Yield that EUjet brought in during her time in operation! It was Planestation and Wiggind bad management over many years that contributed heavily to the firms demise and the loss of so many jobs!
EUjets passenger figures for August last year were excellent- even the poorer routes had good numbers of forward bookings- the company went dead because of Bank of Scotland decision to pull their overdraft facility. EUjet was in the Middle of a potential management takeover at the time, and because nothing could be done due to legal reasons for the purchase to continue it collapsed. EUjet and MSE were viable business. EUjet SNN routes were all doing really well, and had fantastic potential- hence why there were investors interested in continuing EUjet!

You mention Facts, Catflaps, but you need to make sure you have all of yours to hand, and that you don't sound like a former Wiggins employee who was happy with MK flying in and a few charter flights a year- and EUjet caused a bit of excitment- a new challenge and scared the
out of you!
Well said there Andy what was EUjets busiest Routes and its pax numbers? and did you ever fly with them well I did 13 times
Hope more Passager flights return to Manston but I would like the RAF or the BA would return to manston or some other air force like UAE have with there C-130 flights into MSE instead off Brize Norton .Tilewood there are other UK airport in the wrong place and they are doing very well.ANDY deedave and Tilewood are you part off the MAG group

James