PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 16:47
HallamPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jobsworth Copper @rseholes

I entered the Guardroom at a station quite close to Kings Lynn to collect the section keys as I was on teas and keys for the week. Unfortunately I had left my St. Christopher on after the weekend. The officious little jobsworth t t ordered me to remove it at once. I explained in a jovial manner that I had forgotten to take it off after having a top weekend. This seemed to impress him even less, I suppose he had been on duty all weekend listening to the banter of the techies on guard!
Having signed the keys out, I returned to my car and once inside placed the St. Christopher back around my neck. Once at work I removed said item of jewelery and my wedding ring (which I did every day)and placed them in my locker.
No more than ten minutes later I was summoned to the F/S's office and asked to pull the neck of my t-shirt down. He saw I had removed the chain and sighed.
He then told me that Cpl Xyz from the RAFP had noticed that upon returning to my vehicle I had blatantly disregarded his order to remove the necklace and he had taken the registration details of my vehicle, cross referred it to his computer records to get my place of work, (He could have checked the key register!) then searched the phone directory to obtain my F/S's phone number and inform him of this disobedient airman.
My F/S told me not to worry about it and he would be having strong words with Cpl Xyz shortly about wasting his time.
Although I recognise I was incorrectly dressed for duty, you do have to wonder about the small mindedness of the a e in the G/R.

And they wonder why nobody likes them? Yeah, right!