PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 15:08
Compressorstall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPA - Reducing operational output

4 Hours! That's the amount of time I have spent submitting one claim today when I have a proper job to do, actually it's 3 jobs due to gapping and deployment, but I spent 4 hours either typing and clicking through the myriad of options, on the phone to PSF - sorry HR - or swearing through sheer frustration. Advice from HR was to try it later after normal working hours, or to come in early tomorow. Add to this that 2 other officers in my office have spent a similar amount of time submitting claims, or helping each other with understanding the admin maze that is JPA, that's about 12 hours' work that hasn't been done. Do I tell them not to try and submit claims when there's work to be done? There is operational output, but there are the needs of the individual too.
Hopefully someone might take notice of the immense frustration. We are supposed to be warfighters, but when you say 'warfighters' you don't get an image of our modern-day gladiators stuck at a very slow computer screen trying to work out what gobbledygook claim they should submit.
Bring back the F1171 so that we can write the claim and then get on with our core work whilst it is processed.