PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar International
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2006, 14:36
fulmar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm…. Having read this thread and also the feature on “The Age” website regarding the breakdown of the Jetstar website due to huge overloads I idly tried out the site and, lo and behold, got on to it.
My son loves and adores Club Med in Bali so I tried a booking. Gulp: five days in mid December $24 each round trip. OK, OK, that’s not the full fare. The full fare for two adults and 1 child is: tickets $72. Meals (“Feed me”) $102, Credit card surcharge $24, fees and taxes $798. Total $996. That’s for three people and we have seat assignments. Quick shout to Mrs Fulmar and check of school holiday schedule (and school has finished then) and we’re booked.
I’ve used Jetstar a number of times, mainly to the Gold Coast. It’s a bl**dy good quality carrier and my only complaint ever was their seating policy- which on international flights they seem to have solved.
I am actually quite conversant about the economics of the LCC model and. yes, I know that $24 for a round trip to Bali is not going to cover even the pushback fuel costs but what the heck- a pre-Christmas trip to Bali is just what the doctor ordered. Sorry about missing a couple of Moorabbin parties but I’m sure you’ll understand

Phil